Sunday, November 11, 2012

Tower work

Usually when I am doing the supine groin progressive stretch, I don't feel much until I get to the 2 lowest leg positions. In these 2 positions I can feel the tightness my hip flexors. It is painful at times, but I try to relax and breathe through the pain. Yesterday, when I reached the middle height, I could actually feel the tower trying to rotate my femur back to a forward position. There was no pain or pressure in my knee; I could just sense the slight rotational pressure in my femur. I have never felt anything like that before.

As I understand it, tight hip flexors tend to rotate the femur out to the side, so the knee and foot are no longer pointed straight ahead. I can see this when I walk; my right foot points about 30 degrees out to my right side. The ball portion of my femur is not bearing on the proper surface of the joint. One of the effects of the supine groin progressive stretch is to realign the femur and the hip so the leg is pointing straight ahead.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use this diet hack to drop 2 lb of fat in just 8 hours

    More than 160,000 men and women are utilizing a easy and secret "liquid hack" to drop 2lbs each and every night in their sleep.

    It's effective and it works on anybody.

    You can do it yourself by following these easy steps:

    1) Go get a drinking glass and fill it up half the way

    2) Then follow this weight loss hack

    you'll be 2lbs thinner when you wake up!

    ReplyDelete