Friday, May 4, 2012

New exercises

So it has been almost 4 months now since I have been doing my Egoscue exercises. My hip is much better now than when I started. I am finally ready for a new set of exercises so I sent new photos to Deborah Preachuk at Pain Free Posture MN. As usual, Deb responded immediately and sent me a new set of exercises the next day. I actually have 2 new sets of exercises which I am supposed to alternate each day for the next 2 weeks. I tried out the first set of exercises yesterday and the second set today. The exercises are easy to do, but I need to concentrate so I do them correctly; form is very important. One of my new exercises is the Supine groin progressive stretch. This involves resting one leg on a support at different heights, working your way down to the leg being on the ground. It does a great job of stretching out the groin muscles and the lower back. The only disadvantage is that it consumes a lot of time. But if I want results, just like in anything else in life, I need to put in the time.

1 comment: