Thursday, February 23, 2012

Week 6

I have been doing my Egoscue exercises every day for the past 6 weeks. Although it is subjective, I feel I am walking 75% better now than when I began the exercises. Most days, my limp is minimal, where before my limp would often slow me to a snail's pace. I notice that if I lift and carry heavy objects or move my right leg in certain directions, it bothers my hip and I start limping again. Each day after I finish my exercises, I walk normally with little or no limp. I believe the Egoscue method has been a success for me so far.

Last week I went to my chiropractor. I did have a vertebrae out of place in my lower back, which he adjusted back where it belongs. I can now do the 'Cats and Dogs' exercise, which bothered my lower back previously. I am still very careful when I do the 'Kneeling counter stretch' because I think that is how I threw out my back to begin with.

I'm continuing with my core integrated walking as well. This method of walking takes some time to integrate into everyday walking. I have been doing floor exercises to ingrain the method into my muscle memory, but it takes awhile. In some ways it is like learning how to walk all over again. If I am walking slowly, I can do the core integrated walking most of the time. When I try to walk at a normal speed, I start to lose the rhythm. I know I'll get it eventually.

1 comment: